Thursday, 2 June 2016

Man Utd transfer news: Blind and Memphis want to stay

Just 24 hours after rumours emerged suggesting Jose Mourinho was planning to jettison Daley Blind, the Dutch defender has issued a statement declaring his enthusiasm for the incoming Manchester United manager.
It seems that Blind, who was signed by Louis van Gaal from Ajax in 2014, is determined to prove a point to the Special One in the coming months, reports Metro. "I am looking forward to working with Mourinho," said the 26-year-old. "I will just give my all and work hard. Mourinho is a manager who has achieved a lot and I am keen to work with him."
Asked if he feared for his future once the Portuguese takes official charge of the Red Devils, Blind said: "We will have to wait and see whether anything changes for me... I might not be as big as Pepe, but I think I have shown in the Premier League that I can hold my own defensively."
Despite Blind's comments, however, The Sun says that he "is a £14m transfer target for Barcelona" with coach Luis Enrique attracted by the Dutchman's versatility in being able to play in the midfield or at the back.
And Blind is not the only Dutchman hoping to impress Mourinho as £25m flop Memphis Depay has also pledged to impress his new boss this summer, reports the Daily Mail.
"The season did not go as planned and that hurt my confidence a bit," admitted the winger. "The old Memphis, who beat every opponent, will soon be back again."

No comments:

Post a Comment